The other day while browsing the Internet, I Found A Fix for a recent problem I was having. The issue is described as follows;
When I try to open Microsoft Outlook, it takes 2-3 minutes to open. It will also take a few minutes to update the folders.
The solution and description to this error is set out below;
Try each or all of the following..
1. Close Outlook. Delete the file from outcmd.dat from the following location; C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook.
2. Also, delete the file extend.dat from the following location; C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook.
3. Open Outlook, click on ‘Tools’ and choose ‘Detect & Repair’.
4. You might also try disabling outlook add-ins to see if one of these is causing the problem.
5. Disable your Anti-Virus or Anti-Spam software temporarily. If they are causing the problem, you should reinstall.
6. You could also try closing any archives to see if they are at fault.
7. If none of these work, you may need to remove and reinstall Microsoft Office.
I Hope you too have Found A Fix!!!